Transponders are to be placed a the down tube at the back of the roll cage above the 2x4 box on either side
Chassis Specifications –
1. Roll bars must be 1-1/4 inch steel pipe or 1-3/8 inch OD chrome moly tubing or larger and be permanently welded to the top of the frame. Rear roll bar and frame must be a minimum of 30 inches outside diameter where welded to the frame and at shoulder height. Frame rails from front to back must be tapered and not bent. Tubing must have a wall thickness not less than .090. Rear roll bar recommended to be .120. No bolting of cage or side extensions to support roll cage. All roll bars must be padded around driver. No spot welding.
a. Frame rails must be 2x4 inch rectangular tubing with a wall thickness not less than .0835 of an inch. Box frame must tie into rear roll cage and extend from rear of cage towards the front of the engine and be a minimum of 58 inches in length at the shortest point.
b. Hood and body panels are required and must meet the approval of the technical committee. Body style to conform to generally accepted sprint car standards. c. No front wings. Sides of hood may be no higher than 2 inches. Side wings or corn pickers may not extend past the front of the firewall and be no higher than the rear tire with no side extensions. No other wings, hood extensions, tail wings or wedge shaped body or tail parts permitted. No bigger than 1/2 inch wicker at any point on body.
d. Fuel cell with bladder mandatory and should have an approved, safe vent. Do not attach cell to frame by bolting or fastening to plates on bladder.
e. No driver adjustable shocks. Total weight of car and driver may not be less than 1700 pounds. Weigh in to be after any event, weight will be measured and car will be teched as car comes off the track in the condition that it took the checkered flag with driver in car. No bolt on weight, must be securely and permanently fastened. Weight measured by speedway scales.
2. Engines may be no farther back than the center of the wheelbase.
3. Open drive shafts must have a sling to protect the driver and a steel plate on the bottom of the seat at least 1/8 inch thick.
4. Quick change rears optional with steel axle or Winters aluminum spec rear axle. Sprint Car aluminum rear axles optional with a maximum tube opening of 1.90 inches. Knock offs optional. Must use solid wheel adapter on right rear.
5. Front bumper must be of frame width and axle level. Rear bumper must meet the approval of the technical committee. Bumpers must be bolted or equivalent, no rivets.
6. All cars must be equipped with an approved type of quick release safety belt, shoulder harness and anti-sub belt. All safety belts must be anchored to the frame. Shoulder harness must be fastened to the bracing bars and loop over a bar at shoulder height.
7. Good brakes required. Right front brake optional, left front must have a rotor with a minimum of a single caliper. Rear brakes optional as follows: Rear of car must have steel rotors and a dual brake caliper on both rear wheels. Inboard brake optional, must be vented steel rotor minimum thickness of .725 of an inch with dual brake caliper, right rear caliper optional. If inboard brake used, rotor must be clear of battery when rear axle is pushed front against frame upright and aluminum rotor on right rear optional. Guard between rotor and fuel cell recommended.
8. The steering must be safe and meet approval of technical committee. Power steering is optional. Knee protection mandatory, aluminum wrap around style with padding recommended. Steel rod ends required on drag link. Tether recommended.
9. Approved floor from cowl past the driver and a tight firewall required.
10. The wheelbase may not be less than 90 inches on the left side.
11. Maximum wheel width of 18 inches excluding bead lock. Steel and/or aluminum wheels permitted. No plastic or carbon fiber wheels. No electronic tire bleeders
12. Weight jacks permitted.
13. Driver’s head rest and throttle return are mandatory.
14. All cars must have rub rails no wider than the outside of the wheels and must be constructed in such a manner that no wheels can get locked with those of another car. Rub rails must be bolted or equivalent, no rivets.
15. All cars must have a fuel shut off valve within easy access of the driver and must be clearly marked.
16. Drivers should wear fire retardant drivers uniforms and gloves plus arm restraints at all times when they are in the car on the track. High back seats recommended.
17. If transponders are used, they must be mounted at a designated position.
All Engines Up To 320 Cubic Inches ––
1. Engines limited to 320 cubic inches.
2. No aluminum engine block or heads. Main bearing caps must be iron or steel
3. No roller tappet cams.
4. Any piston, any valve, any steel crank, any steel rod.
5. Factory high performance parts approved. This applies to block and heads.
OVER 320 CUBIC INCHES:
1. Block must be a standard production block or approved stock dimension aftermarket block that was under 362 cubic inches originally. No aluminum blocks. Chevy bow-tie block and Ford SVO19 blocks permitted.
2. Crankshafts must be factory production or stock dimension aftermarket cast iron or steel crank. Stroke must remain stock. 3.50 stroke cranks are permitted. Crank may be turned a maximum of .040 under. Chevy stroke of 3.480, Ford stroke of 3.50 and MOPAR stroke of 3.31 or 3.45. No swapping of cranks. Ford SVO crank with part number M6303-H351 permitted. MOPAR high performance crank with part number P4120312 permitted. All cranks must be a minimum of 46 pounds in weight.
3. RODS - A production rod from a V-8 engine under 362 cubic inches. Modification of rod length prohibited. Rods, block and crank to be used in the same combination that factory originally manufactured. Any stock dimension steel rod (No titanium) may be substituted. Stock dimension includes length, wrist pin location and journal size. Approved aftermarket rod must be in factory condition, no polishing or reworking. No addition or removal of metal other than normal balancing. 6-inch rods permitted in all motors.
4. All engines must have a 3/4-inch inspection hole on either side of the oil pan but must align with one of the main journals and must allow access by magnet or bore scope camera to the main rod/journal area without interference of windage tray or 2x4 frame rails. If not, oil pan must be removed for inspection at the track’s tech facility.
5. Flat top pistons only. Zero deck, piston may not be above the deck of the block.
6. Any cast Iron/steel cylinder head that meets the following parameters:
7. No aluminum cylinder heads.
8. 60cc minimum combustion chamber volume.
9. 225 cc maximum intake runner volume, no raised runners from factory stock runner floor.
10. No porting or polishing of runners or combustion chamber, machine or chemical, except for ¾” to match intake ports.
11. No spread port exhaust configuration.
12. Maximum 2.08” intake valves: maximum 1.625” exhaust valves; only valves with 11/32” minimum valve stem.
13. Factory stock valve angles; chevy 23 degrees, Ford 20 degrees; 1 degree tolerance.
14. No titanium valves steal or stainless steel only; No titanium valve springs; any retainer/keeper may be used.
15. No relocation of rocker arm studs from factory stock; factory stock valve guide angle only, no relocation.
16. Clean up of valve bowl to maximum 80 degrees is permitted.
17. Screw in 7/16” studs are permitted.
18. Roller rocker arms are permitted; shaft rockers permitted.
19. Angle milling is permitted.
20. Sparks plugs may be straight or angled.
21. Casting and part number identifications must be retained.
22. No Milling or machining for weight reduction.
23. Raised calve covers rails are permitted.
24. No restrictions on valve seats, valve guides, or spring seats.
25. Production valve or production replacement, steel or stainless steel only. Any spring, any retainer permitted. Roller rockers permitted. Stock valve guide angle. No relocating valves. (No Titanium except for valve springs, retainers & locks, Any Steel/SS Valve with 11/32” min valve stem. Max 2.08” Intake and 1.625” Exhaust. Stock valve guide angle no relocating valve guides.
26. Flat tappet cams only.
27. No mushroom or roller cams
28. Block must be cast iron. All factory identification numbers and/or part numbers must remain on block, crank and heads. Main bearing cap must be iron or steel.
General Specifications ––
1. Maximum of four barrels of carburetion. Single carburetor only. No super chargers, fuel injection or turbo chargers.
2. Any approved intake other than a smoke ram or tunnel ram. Intake height to be a maximum of 8.5 inches wide measured from the top of the carburetor bowl using a straight edge from the bowl to the #3 or #4 runner of the intake manifold.
3. Balance assemblies optional,
4. All cars must be self starting for the feature, clutch optional. No automatic transmission. Stock configuration clutch must have a full scatter shield of at least 1/4 inch thick steel or an approved bell housing. Failure to do so will result in an automatic suspension and loss of points.
5. Fuel - Methanol only according to Federal Standards of Purity, Grade A or AA. No additives of any kind including top lube.
6. No electric fuel pumps; however, fuel pumps running off the back of the cam will be permitted as long as car remains self starting
7. Gear drive units permitted. No externally adjustable cam timing device.
8. Any battery ignition. No magneto. No computer operated or controlled parts. No traction control devices. Gel filled battery recommended.
9. No needle bearing cam, crank or rod bearings permitted.
10. All cars must be registered to prevent duplicate car numbers. Please call the speedway office to register your car number,
11. All cars are subject to inspection and tear down at any time.
12. Any car using an engine block and/or cylinder heads that are visibly cut, ground or machined externally for the purpose of weight reduction must add 25 pounds to the car from the center line of the engine forward. Weight must be securely fastened but must be able to be removed to verify weight.