Transponder Location: Transponders are to be placed 21 inches back from the center of the front axel on the right side. Same position as Linda's Speedway
1. Sprint car appearance required. No rear engine cars or aluminum frames.
2. Body may be constructed of aluminum, metal, fiberglass or high impact plastic.
3. Minimum car weight, with driver, must be 800lbs. at all times (Wingless weight- 775lbs.) Any add-on weight must be securely fastened, painted white with car number painted on, and not adjustable
4. Top wing must be a single airfoil design (maximum 12 square feet). Wing panels cannot exceed the width of the tires. Maximum side panel height of 24”. Side panels must be parallel and may not obstruct the vision of the driver. Front wings are optional. Must have safely constructed top wing to race.
5. Wheelbase must be between 58” to 65” maximum. Must have accessible fuel shut off valve and kill switch clearly marked. No belt drives or centrifugal clutches. Cars must have approved firewall between driver and engine compartment as well as between driver and fuel cell. Fuel cell is recommended. All cars must have side nerf bars, and metal belly pan is required (minimum.040”). It must run from in front of seat forward past driver’s feet. Cars must have front and rear bumper. Rear bumper must be suitable for push starts. No belt driven cars. Driver compartment adjustable suspensions allowed. Wing adjustments are O.K
6. All exhaust pipes must have muffler.
7. Battery must be securely fastened and covered to prevent spillage. All cars must be self-starting at start of all events. If car doesn’t self-start, you will go to
the rear of the event.
8. Alcohol or gas. Absolutely no additives allowed; including performance enhancing products. Top end lube is allowed.
9. Seat belts must be 3” wide, 5 point approved racing harness. Helmet (min. SA2010) and approved full face shield required. Approved fire suit mandatory; (NOMEX underwear, headsock, two layer suit is highly recommended). Arm restraints, neck collars or head restraints, and racing gloves must be worn at all times. Chain guard mandatory. Aluminum racing seat is mandatory. Must have headrest and be padded.
10. Overall car width may not exceed 65”, from outside of right tire to outside of left tire. 10” maximum wheel diameter. Must be approved racing wheels. All brakes must be in good working condition.
11. Snow tires are NOT allowed
2022 600cc Micro Sprint Universal Engine Rules
1. Terms and conditions
A) If a change or modification to the stock engine or its parts is not included in these rules then the modification is considered illegal
B) The word "stock" mean un-modified factory original parts or components
C) No mixing of parts from different years and make engines even if made by the same manufacturer.
03-04 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 may use the 05-06 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 cylinder head through the 2020 U6SA season. This is the ONLY mixing of parts permitted!
2. Overall Engine
· No limited production race motors allowed. Must be a Production Motorcycle Engine, 4 cylinder, 4 stroke
· No Titanium anywhere in or on the engine, unless it comes stock form manufacturer of engine on production bike or bolts in aftermarket rods
· Must have engine, clutch, and transmission all in one unit
· Must be Chain Drive
3. Bore and stroke
· 600cc Maximum displacement for an engine model that was new in 2006 or newer. Older engines maximum displacement is 637cc. Engine model is defined as a manufacturer redesign of overall engine. See specification list.
· No strokers or de-stroked engines
4. Head and cams
A) NO PORTING or deporting of intake or exhaust runners.
I) Valve jobs, valve grinding, valve seating, valve seal modification and valve seat cutting are allowed.
II) Valve seat inserts may be reworked or replaced with any seat of original dimensions. Any dimensional thickeness of the stock inserts may not be increased. Valve seats can be ground with multiple angles. Blending of the valve seat into the head is permitted but cannot extend more than 1/4 inch into the aluminum head measured from where the seat meets the head.
B) OEM Head Only
C) Cam may not have a higher lift than the stock factory cam. (duration is open)
D) Valves can not be larger in diameter than factory stock valves
6. Bottom End
- No machining to remove weight from the crank (balancing of crank is ok) (no after-market cranks) (no lightweight cranks) No polishing or coatings of any kind
-No Aluminum connecting rods
-No Dry sump systems are allowed unless it comes from the motorcycles manufacturer as original equipment.
- No removal of clutch
- Clutch must remain operational
· No modification to the stock transmission gears, no close-ratio gears or nonstandard gear ratios. All gears must remain in transmission, no removing of any gears.
- No polishing or coatings of any kind permitted
A) No aftermarket ECU's, stock appearing ECU only. ECU must be a production ECU that was originally supplied by the same manufacturer as the engine. Racing ECU's may be used, as long as they were originally supplied by the same manufacturer as the engine. EX: Honda motorcycle engines must run ECU's that were supplied by Honda on their motorcycle engines. Reflashing of ECU and factory race ECU's are allowed. Rev limit for all 600cc (nothing larger than 600cc) engines is 16, 100 RPMS. Rev limit for all 636cc engines is 14, 800 RPMS. U6SA specified Rev limit must remain intact at all times (no switched or gear specific limiters). If a computer is hooked up to check the ECU it must be set to U6SA specific RPM's, no tolerance. See specifications list for RPM limits.
B) All cars must have the PA standard connector for the track to check engine RPM rev limit. These are available from the chassis manufacturers and engine builders, and at the track. All cars must leave intact the RPM wire coming from the ECU.
C) No aftermarket coil
D) No gear position sensor may be used. The sensor may be in place on the engine, but can not have any wires connected to it. Gear position wire from ECU may not be switchable.
E) No traction control device
F) No more than one ECU box present in or on the car
G) A 50 RPM over rev tolerance for the purpose of tech in section is acceptable. (Note: this does not mean you can turn up the RPMS in any ECU by any amount)
H) Switchable wires for changing ignition maps, fuel maps, or rev limits must be contained and secured in the wiring harness. (the wires must be taped up, not visible, and unable to be switched in any way)
9. Induction system
· No mechanically forced induction (turbo charging, supercharging)
· Any carburetors may be used on any engine, regardless of year of engine
I) Note: Switching to carburetors on engines that came with fuel injection usually increased the rev limiter due to the removal of the injections as the ECU cuts fuel to limit RPM's before it cuts the ignition. A reflash of the ECU will be required if using carburetors in order to comply with the rev limit rule 7, A)
· If the engine did not come from the factory with fuel injection, fuel injection may not be used
· Any exhaust may be used, as long as there is a muffler included with the system that will keep noise levels within individual track limits.
11. Charging system
· The original factory charging system may not be removed, and must remain in complete working order
12. Self Starting
· The engine must self-start at the beginning of the event. If it does not self-start, the car may be pushed off and must start at the rear of the event as the penalty
· Alcohol only
· Fuel tanks must contain a bladder. A fuel tank with a bladder is further defined as a plastic outer shell with a rubber inner container.
14. Minimum weight
· Minimum weight at all times is 800 pounds, car and driver for winged classes and 775 pounds for wingless classes car, and driver. If weight is added it must be firmly bolted in place.
15. Right Rear must have pin installed at ALL times
1.Top Wing a)Center air foil can not exceed 12 sq. ft. (1728 sq. in.) of surface area. Surface area is defined by the length x width of the flat plane of the largest projection of the center foil. b)Top Wing must not extend beyond outside of rear tires or behind the rear bumper. c)Center foil must be square or rectangular in shape with all 4 corners set to 90 degree angles. d)Center foil must be one piece. No split or bi-wings permitted. e)Maximum dimension of each side panel is 54-1/4” x 24-1/4”. Only two side panels allowed. No kick-out allowed. Panels must be parallel. Maximum of 2” deep side panel, this is the protrusion of the stiffening members not including the struts (tubular or flat bar bracing). 2.Nose Wing a)A nose wing is optional. b)Center air foil can not exceed 4 sq. ft. (576 sq. in.) of surface area. Surface area is defined by the length x width of the flat plane of the largest projection of the center foil. c)Nose wing must not extend beyond the outside of the front tires., or beyond the front bumper. f)Center foil must be one piece. No split or bi-wings permitted. d)Maximum dimensions of each side panel is 10-1/4” x 24-1/4”. Only two side panels allowed. Panels must be parallel. No kick-out allowed. Maximum of 2” deep side panel, this is the protrusion of the stiffening members not including the struts (tubular or flat bar bracing).
These rules are intended to be the official track rules. However, we reserve the right to amend and adjust any of the wording and interpretations as situations arise, either before or after the racing season begins. We have constructed these rules to the best of our ability to encourage safety, competition and effectiveness and also fairness to all concerned. There is no expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any of the above. Each year there are those who interpret these rules in their own manner and get into trouble. We wrote the rules, we know what they say and we know what they mean. It is your responsibility to build, buy and race legal equipment by our rules and to follow these rules while on the track and in the pit area. Do not be misled into using unsafe or illegal hardware. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials.
OFFICIAL'S DECISIONS ARE FINAL!! ANYTHING NOT COVERED IN THESE RULES WILL BE LEFT TO THE DISCRETION OF TRACK & TECH OFFICIALS WITHOUT RECOURSE FROM DRIVERS, OWNERS, OR CREW MEMBERS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY CAR OR DRIVER WITHOUT CAUSE OR RECOURSE.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Or Email email@example.com