- Must be a stock 4 cylinder car
- No turbo or rotary engines allowed
- Stock-type fuel injection or stock manufactured carburetor only (Motorcraft, etc...).
ONE 0.800" maximum throttle body spacer may be used. No Holley, Weber or other racing carburetors allowed.
Carburetor must be stock for engine. No porting or polishing
- Motor must be stock appearing and in stock location
- Motor must match car (ex. Honda must have Honda engine)
- Any air or oil filters (K&N, etc.)
- Intake must be a stock intake. No Skunk 2, etc.
- No cold air intakes for fuel injections – must be stock type breather system.
A flexible rubber or plastic hose may be used in place of the stock air box tube. No smooth metal or smooth plastic tubing allowed.
A cone type filter is allowed and may be connected directly to throttle body or the allowed tubes.
- Aftermarket radiators okay – radiators can be braced for support
- Aftermarket (racing) headers are allowed and will be subject to claim. Claim is $300 and includes only
the header itself. Claims must be made with the lead tech inspector and must be approved by SCDRA.
- Stock ECU/Computer only.
- Ignition coil must remain OEM
- Exhaust must go 1/2 way back the body (behind driver) exit under the car away from fuel tank.
- All cars must weigh 2,300 pounds with car and driver after the race less 50 lbs. for Hans devices and 50 lbs. for full containment seats. Added weights must be painted white and have car number in black.
Body / Wheel / Tire Rules:
- Any front wheel drive car
- No all-wheel drive cars or all wheel steer cars
- Must have stock rear and front suspensions as from factory, Slotting of factory mounting holes allowed.
- No racing springs (lowering) or shocks allowed. Springs may be heated, clamped or use spring rubbers.
Springs must be within 2’ of factory installed height
- Rear control arms should be stock but may be braced / strengthened / repaired. No aftermarket.
- Stock type aftermarket suspension bushings are allowed
- Stock production cars only
- Mirrors are allowed
- Must have a quality welded MINIMUM 4 point roll cage inside the car with a minimum of 0.95" thickness tubing –
Path Valley Speedway has final say in safety of the cage
- Minimum 3 driver door bars / 2 side door bars – 6 or more point cages okay
- No push bars past firewall. Roll cage may extend forward behind bumpers. Bumpers must be covered in some
way with no exposed sharp corners
- Aftermarket racing wheels allowed – 7 inch maximum. NO BEAD LOCKS
- Tires must be DOT approved. No off-sets. Tire size may differ 1 size, side to side. Snow tires are NOT allowed
- Aftermarket nose pieces allowed.
- 6 inch metal support to extend out behind nosepiece or to hold grill in place allowed
- No push bars to extend outside of bumpers or beyond nose piece. No bull bars.
- Rub Rails are permitted. Must be mounted tight against the body and the ends must be tapered.
- Some sheet metal will be allowed for repairs. Cars should remain as close to stock appearing as possible.
Adding sheet metal to bodies may result in a weight penalty being assessed. No holes in floor other than holes from factory.
- Gutting of body is NOT allowed. All body panels must remain in position. Driver's door ONLY can be skinned to make room for
roll cage and MUST have a 1/4" steel plate mounted on the outside of the door bars.
- HEAVY tow chains, front and rear, are MANDATORY.
- RACING (not motorcycle) helmet, SA 2005 or newer is required.
- Minimum single-layer fire suit required (SA 3.2A specification recommended).
- Fire proof gloves strongly recommended (SFI 3.3 specification recommended).
- A 4 or 5 point harness, properly mounted per manufacturers’ specifications, is required.
Must have been manufactured in the last 5 years. Any worn, abraded or torn belts shall be replaced.
- A minimum 5 lb. fire extinguisher is recommended and should be securely mounted within drivers reach.
- Racing-type seats, properly mounted per manufacturers’ specifications, are mandatory. A full containment
seat is strongly recommended.
- A head and neck restraint system (SFI 16.1 compliant) is mandatory. - Racing fuel cell and window nets are highly recommended.
- A firewall must be in place between driver compartment and fuel cells, fuel lines or tanks.
- Path Valley Speedway has final ruling on all questions of legality. A pre-race inspection will be made to ensure SAFETY only.
- Questions of legality can and will be answered during the pre-race inspection if asked by entrant. No guarantee
of legality shall be expressed or implied during pre-race inspection. Legality will be determined in POST-race inspection.
- Competitors must present cars for inspection prior to participating in any racing event.
- No radios allowed
- RACEceivers, or a like device, are mandatory at all times on track.
- MyLaps transponders are MANDATORY. If you do not have one of your own, you can rent one at the track.