- Must be a stock 4 cylinder car
- No turbo or rotary engines allowed
- Stock-type fuel injection or stock manufactured carburetor only (Motorcraft, etc...).
ONE 0.800" maximum throttle body spacer may be used. No Holley, Weber or other racing carburetors allowed.
Carburetor must be stock for engine.
- Motor must be stock appearing and in stock location
- Motor must match car (ex. Honda must have Honda engine)
- Any air or oil filters (K&N, etc.)
- Intake must be a stock intake. No Skunk 2, etc.
- No cold air intakes for fuel injections – must be stock type breather system. A flexible rubber or plastic hose
may be used in place of the stock air box tube. No smooth metal or smooth plastic tubing allowed. A cone type
filter is allowed and may be connected directly to throttle body or the allowed tubes.
- Aftermarket radiators okay – radiators can be braced for support
- Aftermarket (racing) headers are allowed and will be subject to claim. Claim is $300 and includes only
the header itself. Claims must be made with the lead tech inspector and must be approved by SCDRA.
- Computer may be chipped and/or tuned. A standalone ECU and aftermarket harness are allowed.
Ignition coil must remain OEM
- All cars must weigh 2,100 pounds with car and driver after the race .
Body / Wheel / Tire Rules:
- Any front wheel drive car
- No all-wheel drive cars or all wheel steer cars
- Must have stock rear and front suspensions as from factory, Slotting of factory mounting holes allowed.
- No racing springs (lowering) or shocks allowed. Springs may be heated, clamped or use spring rubbers.
Springs must be within 2’ of factory installed height
- Rear control arms should be stock but may be braced / strengthened / repaired. No aftermarket.
- Stock type aftermarket suspension bushings are allowed
- Stock production cars only
- Mirrors are allowed
- Must have a quality welded MINIMUM 4 point roll cage inside the car with a minimum of 0.95" thickness tubing –
SCDRA has final say in safety of the cage
- Minimum 3 driver door bars / 2 side door bars – 6 or more point cages okay
- No push bars past firewall. Roll cage may extend forward behind bumpers. Bumpers must be covered in some
way with no exposed sharp corners
- Aftermarket racing wheels allowed – 7 inch maximum. NO BEAD LOCKS
- Street legal DOT tires required. No drag radials, mud grip lug tires, racing tires or racing recapped tires allowed.
Directional tires are allowed.
- Tires can be mixed and matched for stagger
- Aftermarket nose pieces allowed.
- 6 inch metal support to extend out behind nosepiece or to hold grill in place allowed
- No push bars to extend outside of bumpers or beyond nose piece.
- Some sheet metal will be allowed for repairs. Cars should remain as close to stock appearing as possible.
Adding sheet metal to bodies may result in a weight penalty being assessed.
- Gutting of body is allowed.
- RACING (not motorcycle) helmet, SA 2005 or newer is required.
- Minimum single-layer fire suit required (SA 3.2A specification recommended).
- Fire proof gloves strongly recommended (SFI 3.3 specification recommended).
- A 4 or 5 point harness, properly mounted per manufacturers’ specifications, is required.
Must have been manufactured in the last 5 years. Any worn, abraded or torn belts shall be replaced.
- A minimum 5 lb. fire extinguisher is recommended and should be securely mounted within drivers reach.
- Racing-type seats, properly mounted per manufacturers’ specifications, are mandatory. A full containment
seat is strongly recommended.
- A head and neck restraint system (SFI 16.1 compliant) is mandatory. - Racing fuel cell and window nets are highly recommended.
- A firewall must be in place between driver compartment and fuel cells, fuel lines or tanks.
- SCDRA has final ruling on all questions of legality. A pre-race inspection will be made to ensure SAFETY only.
- Questions of legality can and will be answered during the pre-race inspection if asked by entrant. No guarantee
of legality shall be expressed or implied during pre-race inspection. Legality will be determined in
- Competitors must present cars for inspection prior to participating in any racing event.
- No radios allowed
- RACEceivers or a like device is mandatory at all times on track.