ALL DRIVERS, PIT CREWS AND PASSENGERS MUST SIGN A LIABILITY RELEASE APPLICATION ON RACE DAY. EVEN AFTER STRICT COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES, SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR DEATH MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF YOUR COMPETING IN AUTO RACING. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!
All cars will go through tech inspection. Depending on car count, there will be 5 classes – 4 Cylinder, 6 Cylinder, 8 Cylinder & 4 & 6 Cyl. Trucks.
There is a new rule
change in effect IMMEDIATELY. FULL ROLL CAGES WILL NOW
The roll cage must be welded to plates on the floor. It CANNOT be attached to the frame. It CANNOT pass through either the front or rear firewall. (No bracing of any kind outside the driver's compartment.) Inner door panels may be removed only for the purpose of clearance for door bars. You may put up to 4 door bars on the driver's side and 3 on the passenger side. A guard rail is still REQUIRED and is allowed only on the driver's side.
1. You must be 14 years of age or older to participate in a Junk Car race. Proof of age must be available.
2. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES PERMITTED!! NO GLASS CONTAINERS!
3. All exterior chrome and hubcaps must be removed.
4. All glass must be removed. Headlights and taillights must be removed.
5. All plastic grills must be removed. If bumpers have plastic ends, they must be removed and have plates that wrap around to fenders installed. Stock configured bumpers only. Bumpers (front and rear) must be chained to frame. All cars must have front & rear 3/8” lift-chains mounted in center of each bumper
6. All cars must have seat belts and shoulder harnesses. Neck braces or head restraints, gloves, boots, long pants, long sleeve shirt, and full face race helmets (minimum Snell 95) mandatory.
7. There must be a screen on windshield with holes no larger than ½” square. No chicken wire. Window nets are mandatory!
8. Exhaust must exit car behind driver. No after-market headers.
9. Street legal tires only. Tires no wider than 60 series – NO RACE TIRES! NO RE-CAPS! NO RACE WHEELS! Tires may be 2 sizes bigger than the smallest tire on vehicle. No snow tires. Stock camber on all wheels
10. Door interior panels and rear seat can be removed. Factory ignition must be operable.
11. No trailer hitches allowed.
12. No convertibles, 4-wheel drives, Jeeps, VW’s, or Saabs permitted. Sunroofs must be removed & minimum 16 gauge metal welded on outside of roof. If rear seat is removed, the rear deck (firewall) must be covered with metal. No added weight. Cars must be stock, no structure modifications to frame or body. Roll cages are permitted as follows: a halo with 4 down posts bolted to the floorboard of the vehicle, not connected to the frame or body mounts. Roll bars are mandatory. One bar behind driver’s seat with 2 down tube supports to the rear is permitted – bar may not be welded to frame. Race seats are optional, but are strongly recommended
13. No fender flares allowed. All 4 fender wells must be in place, in original position & must be stock. Fender wells may not be cut
to make room for tires.
14. Bodies must have one protective steel guardrail on driver’s side only. Guardrail must be mounted centered on door (between bottom of window and bottom of door) and starting 2” behind front wheel well to 2” in front of rear wheel. Both ends of guardrail must have a 4” taper and tapered edge must be plated. Doors, trunk, hood must retain original webbing (no skinning) Hood & trunk MUST have working hinges
15. If a fuel cell is used, it must be mounted in the center of the trunk.
16. No big rust holes or sharp edges.
17. Hood & trunk latches must be removed. Hood & trunk must be able to be opened for inspection, but must be chained shut for the race with one
short chain ¼” thick or larger in the center of the hood & trunk. No excessive chaining or the use of seat belt straps. Hood pins are acceptable.
No spoilers, hood scoops, or holes in hood.
18. No enduro cars. No “race” motors.
19. Camshaft lift no higher than 450. Stock valve springs must be used.
20. No quick-release steering wheels.
21. No modifications to suspension. No shock extensions or Heiman joints on shocks. Struts may NOT be welded.
22. ROOF NUMBER PLATES: must be 12” high x 18” wide. Plates must be bolted to the center of the roof and braced upright. Numbers must be at least 10” high (black letters, white
background). Maximum of two (2) numbers (leave room for a letter to be added if necessary).
23. Numbers must be registered before racing season begins. If your car is not registered, you will be assigned a number. ONE OR
TWO DIGIT NUMBERS ONLY, NO LETTERS!!!
24. All cars must have at least 3 working brakes.
25. All cars must have a master dis-connect
ANYTHING NOT COVERED IN THESE RULES WILL BE LEFT TO THE DISCRETION OF TRACK & TECH OFFICIALS WITHOUT RECOURSE FROM DRIVERS, OWNERS, OR CREW MEMBERS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY CAR OR DRIVER WITHOUT CAUSE OR RECOURSE. Track claiming rule on motors - $200.00
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Call 717-349-7111 (track) or e-mail us at email@example.com