PATH VALLEY SPEEDWAY PARK
Small Car Demolition Derby Rules
1. Any factory stock American or foreign auto with 105" or less wheel base is allowed. Four or six cylinder engines only.
2. No Jeeps, SUV's, trucks or 4-wheel drive vehicles will be permitted.
3. No "Checkered Cabs" or other specialty vehicles.
4. All drivers are required to wear an approved safety helmet. Full-face helmets are recommended. Safety belts are required and MUST be worn until the race is completed. (Factory installed shoulder straps are recommended). Drivers must stay in cars with their helmet and belts on until event is over. Car and driver will be disqualified for the evening if driver unhooks seat belts or removes helmets during the event while under green.
5. All dirt, glass and loose pieces must be removed from car. Do not break the glass in the doors.
6. All glass including headlights, tail lights, and side marker lights must be removed prior to coming to the track. The windshield must be removed. No lights, sirens, or other noise making devices in or on car. Nothing mounted on car over 4" over roof or trunk and hood.
7. All chrome molding, rear seat, sun-visors, rear view mirrors, headliners, carpet and padding must be removed.
8. All outside plastic and grille must be removed, including the factory nose piece.
9. Stock gas tank must be removed.
10. A maximum of 3 gallons of fuel will be allowed. A 5 gallon metal, approved fuel tank must be securely fastened in the area vacated by the rear seat. An approved plastic marine tank will be permitted. Tank must have fuel line type fitting. No rubber hold down straps allowed.
11. No modifications or reinforcements allowed to the car body, frame or suspension except optional bar behind driver seat from door post to door post, no higher than 3/4 of the way up the back of seat, maximum diameter 3" and must be welded in place.
12. Car bumpers only. Bumper shocks may be welded. Bumper bracket may be welded, but must be in stock locations with no reinforcements, no plates or gussets. No chains or cables around bumpers.
13. Inner driver door padding is required.
14. No bumper or frame mounted hitches allowed.
15. A working hydraulic operation brake system is mandatory.
16. Hood, trunk and station wagon inner decks must be visible for inspection.
17. Hood and trunk must be secured after inspection, maximum of 4 places on hood and 4 places on trunk. Minimum 1/4" chain or cable. No "dog" type chain. Maximum 3/8" chains or cable. No x-ing (crossing) of chains or cable on trunk or hood. No Ready rod to frame connections. Hood pins allowed thru body only, maximum 4, maximum 1/4"diameter, must not stick up more than1 1/2" above hood.
18. Welding-you are allowed four 4"x4" plates, 1/4" thick maximum on doors and trunk lid or tailgate.
19. There MUST be a hole in the hood that measures 12" in diameter above the carburetor.
20. All doors must be fastened shut by a horizontal solid steel strap, chains or cables. Chains or cables must be a minimun of 1/4" and maximum of 3/8". Solid wleding of doors or tailgates will not be allowed.
21. No forward facing exhaust. Any engine in any car must be in stock location. 4 Cylinder class must be 4 cylinder.
22. Battery must be securely fastened to the front seat passenger's floorboard. No rubber straps allowed. Top of the battery must be covered with a secured rubber mat.
23. All cooling systems must be original equipment or less and must be located in the engine compartment under the hood. No coolin systems (motor oil, transmission or water) allowed in the driver's compartment. No auxiliary tanks allowed. Electric fans are allowed but no steel fan blades are permitted.
24. All air conditioning systems must be drained and rubber hoses removed prior to arrival at track.
25. All cars must have 18" high numbers clearly painted on roof. Numbers must also be on each door. No questionable language on cars (officials' discretion).
26. No hitting on the driver's door. Doing so will result in disqualification.
27. Any car which does not move or hit a "LIVE" car within one minute will be disqualified. Officials will shut down, at once, any car which is deemed a safety risk (i.e. excessive smoking or throwing debris from spinning wheels).
28. Cars and/or driver can only qualify once unless car or driver has been disqualified for the evening.
29. A 5 MPH speed limit must be maintained at all times in the pit area, parking lots and driveways.
30. No passengers are to be riding on or in demo cars at any time. This includes pit area. parking lot and driveways.
31. The only people allowed on the track, at any time, will be drivers, officials, and towing personnel.
32. Tires: only 4 ply passenger or 6 ply LT tires, DOT approved, can be used. Only 1 tire per wheel. NO STUDS!. All wheel weights must be removed. Only air is allowed in tires. NO SPLIT RIMS.
33. NO ALCOHOL OR INTOXICATED PEOPLE IN THE PITS! Anyone deemed to be intoxicated by track officials will be ejected and possibly arrested. Any alcohol will be confiscated.
34. A drivers' license must be presented by all drivers at registration.
35. All demolition derby cars must be removed from the racetrack within one hour after competition has ended. If you want to leave your car at the track after the derby, bring a signed title along and give to a track official for disposal of car.
36. All persons in the pit area must display the official wristband for the event or they will be removed from the pit area.
37. All drivers must wear eye protection in the form of goggles or a face shield. Regular eye glasses will not meet the requirement.
38. No lift kits, no suspension lift kits or modifications of any kind.
DECISION OF TRACK OFFICIALS IS FINAL - NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS